3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

ECIL

Started by David Randolph, June 02, 2005, 08:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Long term chart:



Medium term chart:



This ascending triangle gives me a projection for ECIL to go to $14 over the medium term. A slow but secure bet, I think. Many people lye (or lie? I'm sorry) but the chart doesn't. It's pure money making the chart and money can't lye.

I'm buying the open.

Everyday our team scans and filters 11000 stocks to come up with the 3 best stocks to buy on a short term basis. We run a diversified public portfolio which is up 99% since May 2005. If you want to join our community and receive our free newsletter, please register.

David Randolph


David Randolph

ECIL may come back to retest the $9 level, prior resistance, now support. No big deal ...

David Randolph

The stock is retesting the old highs, prior resistance, now support.

David Randolph

ECIL didn't close above $9 as I would like, but today's candle has certain aspects that I consider bullish and ensure that I'll hold the stock through tomorrow's session:

1) Positive divergence on volume - price down but volume up. Volume leads price many times.
2) Candlestick pattern called hammer which has a considerable lower tail and suggests buyers came in late in the session.

AustinPowers

David-

What are your thoughts for ECIL, is it time to move on from this one yet?   Thx

David Randolph

I'll make an update on the stock after the close or tomorrow before the open. I don't like to analyze intraday data, from my experience you'll lose more than you win doing that. Certainly the stock hasn't momentum on its tail right now but I have 13 holdings at this moment and this isn't one I'm thinking of selling just yet.

I don't like to be 100% invested because sometimes a good opportunity shows up and you have nothing signaling "sell" ...

Good trades AustinPowers  :)

David Randolph

Holding the $9 support. I'm sorry, today I don't have much time to analyze, just saying the essential.

David Randolph

Like everyone else here I'm trying to learn a bit more about the stock market. And what I've learned from this ECIL pick is that I want stocks breaking out to new highs, but not when they've already made a big move to reach that point. You see, a breakout is a much more valid technical signal when the stock is initiating a bullish move. It is a different thing to have a breakout after an already big rise.

Concerning the specific case of ECIL, the stock is resting when it should be shooting up, I bought her expecting that kind of action. The stock has a support at $8.89, the last local high. I'll drop it if it is set to close below this level.

AustinPowers

David-

Decent day for ECIL.  Do you think some more consolidating in this range before another   move up?

David Randolph

Quote from: AustinPowers on June 10, 2005, 05:31:27 PM
David - Decent day for ECIL. Do you think some more consolidating in this range before another move up?

Austin, I don't know how long will the consolidation in ECIL last. What I do know is the trend is my friend and the trend in ECIL is bullish at this moment.

jeff46902

David,

Do you think the trend is still bullish?  I looked at the latest MACD, and the blue line has dropped below the brown one, with a bit of negative divergence.  I thought that was a bearish, or sell, signal.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
Jeff

Ramsburg

Quote from: jeff46902 on June 12, 2005, 10:24:28 PM
David,

Do you think the trend is still bullish?  I looked at the latest MACD, and the blue line has dropped below the brown one, with a bit of negative divergence.  I thought that was a bearish, or sell, signal.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

The MACD is only an indicator... An instrument that a Technical Analyst can use sometimes, along with thousands of other indicators.
David didn't bought ECIL because of the MACD, and I don't believe he's going to sell because of it ;)

On my opinion (and I didn't talk with Dave about it), ECIL has an ascending support line, and this line is intact, and so the short-mid term trend.

best regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

calven

Old resistance becomes new support! Meaning we are consolidating here before another move up! Happy trading. DO NOT SELL unless the price closes below that trendline!
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

David Randolph

Like calven said, old resistance becomes support. $8.89 is supporting ECIL and volume is growing so one can only expect the bullish trend will resume.