3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

RHT

Started by David Randolph, June 15, 2005, 08:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

RHT
I like to be always learning how to analyze and trade stocks and I've learned about the cup&handle chart pattern from one member of our community, wheezledick.

Many thanks for him.

I believe RHAT, after generating a support area with a low on $10.44, is making that trend reversal pattern, take a look:



Considering this last advance we have an healthy pullback to the 50% retracement level and the uptrend is ready to resume now:



So I'm buying RHAT at today's open.

Everyday I will analyze RHAT after the market close until I sell the stock. I always tell I'm going to sell before I actually take action. You just have to follow the answers to this post.

Everyday our team scans and filters 11000 stocks to come up with the 3 best stocks to buy on a short term basis. We run a diversified public portfolio which is up 118% since May 2005. We have great traders in our community which take advantage of short term opportunities in stocks.

If you want to join our community and receive our free newsletter, please register.

RichL74

Thanks for the link to investopedia. Very nice site. Everyone that is serious about pattern trading needs to read up on this. It can only help you if not every member on this site.

David Randolph


atalltexan

I like this one too.  In at $13.11

marshagogo

Like XOMA , RHAT I fear is coming off  a short term top. I'm in at $13.03 too. I have
no doubt they will resume to higher prices but I think our timing of entry
is a little off.

Trying out some of the daily picks. I need to study these more closely
before buying. I think they are good picks but my entries are amiss.

Cup and handle is just about in all the technical analysis books.

David Randolph

RHAT pulled back on lower volume, without damaging the short term bullish trend.

David Randolph

RHAT is having the same kind of behavior as TZOO, profit taking with low volume and no damage whatsoever to the technical picture. I expect the uptrend to resume in the short term.

puenthouse

Charts charts charts.... does anyone look at the company?  Is redhat not a free computer service program that computer nerds instead of windows?  I just can not believe this can be a booming company.  Maybe im just bitter, sold this for 11, got bored with it 2 months ago.
Learning from every trade.

David Randolph

I don't know, I don't know, perhaps puenthouse is right, I shouldn't be having business with this stock. I'm losing 2% now and wondering if when I make my exploration and filter of the market I won't find a much brighter spot for this 6.66% of total equity.

That's it, a good trade is profitable right from the start, cut the losses and let the profits run, I'm gonna sell RHAT Monday and buy another stock with the money.


David Randolph


Tirebldr

Hot Dog !!! I got my email from David this morning. Looks as if the site programmer is on the ball <g>
Art

Melf Elf

#11
tommyt mentioned RHAT on the Stocking Picking Board this weekend.  Since it was a 3SOF pick, I thought I'd post the chart here, too, in case anyone still is following it:

"3 Bullish Pattern breakouts, Tommy, and on surprisingly good volume on Friday, in pre-holiday trading.  RHAT also took out the down trendline from the July, 2004 gap.

The first two targets, just overhead in the 14.60's, are below the 14.80 gap, so that 2% gain shouldn't be a problem.  Might pull back from there for a breakout re-test."

EDIT: Sorry, you have to use horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the chart to see the right side ot it.

tommyt

Thank you for the great chart, and good morning. RHAT up 9% in pre-market on 2 upgrades with $16 target from First Albany.

Melf Elf

Quote from: Melf Elf on July 05, 2005, 04:58:18 AM
The first two targets, just overhead in the 14.60's, are below the 14.80 gap, so that 2% gain shouldn't be a problem.  Might pull back from there for a breakout re-test."

Both Symmetrical Triangle targets: $14.62 and $14.68 MADE in early trading today.  Thanks for mentioning RHAT this weekend, tommyt.  Applause

RHAT currently is 14.74 BID...14.75 ASK, up $0.43.

setravis

(RHAT) > is now (RHT) and listed on the NYSE.......

Today's Chart
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis